So, in preparation for 2017 I re-read my reflections post from 2016, and I thought I would see how well I had done in achieving some of my goals and thinking of where I want to go in 2017:
- Be a little selfish – I have and did get better at this, I still retained me and was kind but I wasn’t always 100% available, understanding etc. and I needed that. I needed to focus on me. Going in to 2017, perhaps a better goal would be to take actions for me, myself and I that take forward things I want to achieve.
- Don’t be scared to fail – I definitely felt less worried about perfection last year, and started re-connecting with my creative side again, my passions and this has reignited in me the feeling of wanting to do a job, career that I am passionate about and not just taking the easy, practical road. So in 2017 I think this is still a valid one for me to continue, don’t be scared to fail, try new things, take new chances when offered and don’t worry about having a picture perfect life. If I find a job I want to apply for, go for it, the only consequence you can truly have is regret.
- Blog better – I feel I did blog better, I wasn’t as consistent as I would have liked and then we had that pretty blank period of time, HOWEVER, some of this was out of my control. In 2017 I want to blog better and more consistently but also try to be more focused in my content, what I am sharing etc. so this may involve a bit of a blog re-haul at some point!
- Take more photos – This wasn’t one that I got round to doing as much as I would have liked, it fell by the wayside, I’m not sure why? I did Instagram more if that counts, but I want to do more photography with my camera. So in 2017 – the big camera comes out, and I was also looking at some classes to keep me going/inspired. Overall I just want to indulge one of my passions again.
- Keep on with healthy.- I did keep on with healthy, I kept losing weight, exercising and generally enhancing my well being overall, unfortunately unhealthy caught up with me when I got diagnosed with Ulcertative Colitis in September and mainly spent the latter half of the year in recovery. I haven’t put on anymore weight than where I was before going into hospital but my fitness levels aren’t quite the same. I feel lots stronger so 2017 for me is to really re-build my fitness and get back in to good food habits.
- Final thing – and perhaps more of a wish than a resolution, go abroad. I haven’t been out of the UK in five years. I need to see somewhere else in 2016 to sate my travel itches. – This would have happened, but unfortunately I didn’t do Brussels as I was in hospital. 😦 Hoping this won’t be the case in 2017!
- Get my career on track, this probably feeds in from all the other ones above, but I want to get my career on track. Really think about what makes me happy in a job and where, what I like doing etc. So I am going to start putting those steps and wheels in motion this year!
- Find the happy! After a strange 2016 I am determined to find the happy this year!
I can’t say that many of my goals have changed from 2016, but that wasn’t because I didn’t complete/fulfil them but because they are ongoing and they are still going forward. And that’s fine. It’s a good thing. I just need to get a little more back to me….