Just sharing some pictures of Spring today. Feeling gloriously spring like at the weekend….
I love Autumn and all it’s colours.I really love when nature shows them all together such as this mushroom amongst the leaves and grass. Just gorgeous.
I have been reflecting back on the year just been and what I have taken from 2015. 2015 was definitely not my worst year by any means, but it wasn’t my greatest, though to be honest I am never entirely sure which year was – perhaps my first ever year that I don’t remember?? But I digress, while not as stellar perhaps as I wanted 2015 to be or hoped it would be it had some great moments for me that I am not leaving it on a low.
- Seeing the Foo Fighters – definitely in my top 10 moments of the year they were absolutely spectacular and I had an amazing night seeing them at MK Stadium with C in Sept.
- Getting healthy & losing 1 and a half stone! This is the healthiest and fittest that I have felt in a very, very long time and I am not even done yet as I haven’t reached my target weight. I am so proud of myself for the weight I have lost and the lifestyle changes I have made, yes I have off days and even weeks, but I am human and as long as I keep believing in myself and trying for success I know that I will succeed.
- Feeling in a place with C to begin looking for our first home. While our purchase is going slowly and it is frustrating and stressing the hell out of me I am still staying on the side of positive, at least we are able to buy a house and move in together. It has been forever in the offing and we are finally – after so many years of waiting – in that position! So that is a great bonus.
- Our little holidays – the first down in Brixham in May – it was only a short break – less than a week – but it was one we needed and I enjoyed it very much being by the seaside. The Christmas Market weekend, Manchester was lovely and I wouldn’t rule out going to visit the city again.
- Being in the same job for over a whole year – this is a weird one I know, but in the past few years I have been on so many short non-permanent contracts, or in internships that it really was hard to feel settled and feel as if I was accomplishing anything. But I completed my first year at my current job in Sept. I may not be in quite the exact job that I want to be, but I do enjoy it and it is a good job and I have actually been able to see the end result of my work, which gives a great sense of accomplishment.
- Be a little selfish – this isn’t as bad as it sounds. I am very good at giving my time to others, volunteering, going above and beyond, helping them to achieve their goals dreams or doing things when they want that I often end up feeling overrun, overused and under appreciated, as I don’t allow any time for me, or let my opinion be known and get frustrated because I am doing something I don’t really want to do. I still want to be a giving person in 2016 and for me being kind and helpful are very important but I also need to realise that I have to be a little selfish and do some things my way and on my own time to be able to give that 100% when its needed.
- Don’t be scared to fail – I have to worry less about perfection, I love doing and trying new things, that isn’t the part that scares me. But often I let my creativity and my desire to start a poem, painting or create some DIY get overrun by my fear of it being a failure or not ending up the way I want. My goal in 2016 is to get past this, make the mistakes and realise that sometimes that ‘mistake’ is better than the perfect I was picturing.
- Blog better – I have promised myself that I will blog better this year, be more consistent with updates and regular with posts – I have also been thinking of a blog challenge for myself ….and have a few ideas.
- Take more photos – I love photography. It’s one of my favourite things in the whole world and I have been neglecting it over the past few years as I just haven’t had the time or inclination but my goal for 2016 is to get back into it, re-embrace it and rekindle what I love about photography.
- Keep on with healthy. I may be feeling good and proud of myself but I will not get complacent and will keep pushing, staying healthy and setting myself goals.
- Final thing – and perhaps more of a wish than a resolution, go abroad. I haven’t been out of the UK in five years. I need to see somewhere else in 2016 to sate my travel itches.
Well, this was a long post, but I hope that you will stay with me in 2016 and that I get to reflect back in 2017 on a great year spent with you all.